Shattered Glass Leaves Students Shocked
Updated: Sep 28, 2021
On this typical Wednesday afternoon, students were heading down for their break when all of a sudden they heard a loud:
Clink! Thud! “What was that?” “You okay?” “Make space.” “Back away, people.”
The huge glass door in the 6th-grade hallway connecting to the Jalsa had shattered. Just like that, the Jalsa was off-limits.
Students were shocked!
In the immediate aftermath of the event, people swarmed the Jalsa just in time to see a bloodied student walking out accompanied by a teacher. Other adults quickly closed off all entrances to the Jalsa and encouraged students to go outside.
Students spent the rest of break time wondering what had just happened. While we still don’t know the exact cause of the door breaking, we know that it’s made of tempered glass and is designed to shatter in these certain circumstances. So the door acted as designed which saved anyone from being seriously injured.
Were you around when this incident occured? Leave a comment about your experience.
See more stories from #Hannah and #Aarkin